Monday, May 24, 2010

Wayne Rooney's Ankle Still A Major Worry :Fabio Capello


Wayne Rooney

The England striker isn't a doubt for the World Cup but has been undergoing 'reinforcement' work to his damaged ligaments according to the News of the World.

While the majority of the squad took part in training on Friday, Rooney was allowed to rest alongside FA Cup finalists David James, John Terry, Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole who arrived late to the training camp in Austria.

The whole focus in the build-up to the World Cup so far has been whether Rooney will be fit, and Capello has conceded that it is difficult telling the Manchester United striker to rest.

Capello is quoted in the News of the World as saying: "I can leave some players out, but Rooney always wants to play. 

"If I tell him no, he says 'I want to play!', 'I want to train!' 'why you substitute me, I want to score!'. 

"It is good because he is an example to the other players, he is positive to be around."

Rooney injured his ankle ligaments against Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-final, and later aggravated the injury in the Manchester derby against City.

No comments:

Post a Comment